Monday, October 20, 2008

of them all, this was the greatest

I took over 170 pictures of children this weekend.  And I have to admit, most of them came out rather well considering the subject matter.  :)

But of them all, this is by far, my absolute favorite photo.

Now I know many will say that it is simply my favorite because it is my own child but I don't think that is entirely it.

I think it is because it was not staged, it was not posed.  It was caught in the "moment".  The middle of the game.  He is engrossed in thought of the next play.  I caught him off guard as he turned to run off.  He is sweaty and dirty and all boy.  Rough and tough and "cool".  It is probably a moment I will never be able to capture again.  And for that I am so grateful to have had my camera.

I love this photo.  It is all Devin.  It sums up this football season for him. Intensity, grit, fun and determination.

1 comment:

Jayla'sMommy said...

That really is a great photo!