Saturday, October 11, 2008

Homecoming 2008




It has happened.  Another one of our babies has grown up.  I don't know how or when it exactly happened and in case anyone is wondering, yes, I am still slightly in denial.

Brennan attended his FIRST homecoming dance this evening WITH a date.  A DATE!  And the crazy part of it is, she asked him to go with her.  Thank you, thank you, I will take complete credit for giving birth to a handsome, smart and totally popular girl magnet.  lol

But, really.  A DATE!?  A HOMECOMING DANCE?!  All in just the 7th grade?  Could we not get a bigger break between Alex finishing torturing me with all the nutso girlfriend stuff and Brennan apparently ready to start it?  Don't I deserve it?  Just a little bit????  PRETTY PLEASE?  With sugar on top?

He looked so handsome and was so happy to go.  And he had been on the ballot for 7th grade homecoming prince.  The title went to the 7th grade super jock but hey, apparently my kid ain't no slouch.  He is the 7th grade Student Council President and helped plan this whole event.  So, yes, he does deserve to go.  I will concede to that.  

BUT THE DATE PART?

Lord give me strength! 

No comments: