Monday, March 15, 2010

The Outfit Challenge

And so it has begun. An effort has started to clear out the wardrobe cupboard before we move. This is not an easy task. In fact, it is probably the single most daunting task I face. I have a ton of clothes. And frankly, I am pretty attached to most of them.

But, there are those things, back in the back, wedged in between, and at the bottom of the stack that I havent exactly worn as of late. Or, sadly, ever. Yes, I admit it. I have things that still have the tags on them. Bad. I know. But please don't judge me to harshly because I know that I am not alone here. I read enough blogs to know that many, many, many people have this same thing going on in their wardrobe cupboards!

So, when La Fille D'or offered up the idea of her wardrobe challenge I happily jumped on board. The idea pick 3 items you never wear and over the course of the next two weeks (March 10 through 24) create 4 outfits with each item. The goal is to have a total of 12 outfits. Easy enough in theory but let me tell you, tricky right out of the gate.

So...

Here are my pieces.

Either this will be eye opening and I will enter spring (if it ever does arrive in Germany, doubtful at this point) with three new wardrobe staples, or I will be listing three lovely items on Wardrobe Swap Shop.

Either way, I am feeling just a little accomplished and that is a good thing.

1 comment:

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

What a great idea - I will have to chewck out the blog. I look froward to seeing what you do with the collection.